Things To Do in and around Amanzimtoti
Amanzimtoti/Warner Beach has amazing beaches and over 12 Beaches to choose from. Swimming Beaches are within walking distance and life guards are in attendance at main beaches.
- Galleria’s mega-size shopping centre features 12 movie houses, an ice skating rink, indoor putt-putt, and sea view restaurants.
- Amanzimtoti Main Beach is very popular for swimming and family beach holidays. The sandy beach offers life guards all year round, lots of parking, pubs, restaurants and shops.
- Saddle up for a leisurely beach stroll on horseback or be thrilled by a fast gallop if you have more experience and confidence. The 12 km bridle trail meanders through some lovely bush paths and onto a peaceful beach. Fascinating and colourful birds can be spotted along the way.
- Amanzimtoti Golf Club boasts a magnificent course with the 18th hole right next to the beach. The well-equipped Pro Shop has golf cart, pull cart and golf club hire facilities.
- Also known as the Umdoni Bird Park, the Amanzimtoti Bird Sanctuary is well worth a visit. A large expanse of shimmering water is flanked by rolling lawns and lush plantings on the one end and indigenous forests on the other. Picnic spots and pleasant 30 minute self-guided trails meanders through the forest.
- uShaka Sea World incorporates a unique shipwreck-themed aquarium, a 1,200-seater dolphin stadium, a seal pool and a penguin rookery as well as interactive activities in the dive tank, snorkel reef and touch pool.
- Leap off the top of the Moses Madiba Stadium for the most exhilarating ride of your life. The ‘Big Rush Big Swing’ is the only stadium swing and the largest swing of any kind on the planet.
- The breath taking Valley of a Thousand Hills is an awesome day trip that offers unspoilt nature, wildlife, magnificent scenery, wining and dining, and warm country hospitality just a half an hour's drive from the centre of Durban
- The incredibly scenic Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve lies 21 kilometres inland from Port Shepstone, perfect for a day trip. Part of this Emzemvelo KZN Wildlife reserve’s appeal is the impressive gorge carved by the Umzimkulwana River. The on-site extreme adventure company, will have you challenging your boundaries in no time. The Wild Swing, the highest of its kind in the world, sends you free-falling over the edge of Lehr’s Falls into a 100 metre arc, reaching speeds of up to 120 kilometres an hour. Abseil down the gorge or wild slide over it, suspended 160 metres. Not for faint-hearted; a 33 storey drop-off swing across Oribi Gorge, 110 metre abseil, Grade 15 white water rafting and Mountain biking Enjoy spectacular views of Oribi Gorge, see game from the comfort of your car, cross the 80m suspension bridge (above), visit caves, picnic, cycle, fish or hike.
- Dive with Ragged Tooth Sharks, Tiger Sharks and Manta Rays, Dolphins and Whale Sharks at Aliwal Shoal which is within a 15 minute drive from Amanzimtoti.
- A day's drive to the "Valley of a thousand Hills", at the bottom of the valley the Inanda Dam snakes between the hills with camping, boating and fishing activities.
- A few Nature Reserves like Umbogovango Nature reserve , Vernan Crookes Nature Reserve and Ilando Wilds are also close by. All of the reserves offer hicking trails through indigenous sub tropical forests.
- Quad Trails by appointment.
- Deep sea Fishing facilities are close by.